Sony Professional Solutions has announced TEOS 2.2, an update to its transformative workspace management solution. Alongside new TEOS hardware, the enhanced suite of software solutions1 gives organisations full control - unmatched by any other provider - over connected devices in corporate and education environments.
1 Software for TEOS are developed by Blue and Red B.V.
TEOS 2.2 will launch with 20 new functionalities and features, including customisable Smart Automation options, new Meeting Display interface and an intuitive Outlook integration.
The latest update has been designed to unlock the potential of new advances in IoT sensor technology, boost integration and untap new productivity and efficiencies in the workplace and workforce.
“Organisations of all kinds are seeking the transformative tools which empower users to make the most of their devices, work more collaboratively and optimise working environments,” explained Lawrence Tang, Head of Business & Industrial Solutions Marketing Division, Professional Solutions Company (PSAP), Sony Electronics Asia Pacific. “Meanwhile, workplace management technology is evolving rapidly. From air quality to occupancy, next generation IoT sensors are giving businesses new levels of management and control. Having worked closely with over 200 organisations across the world in implementing TEOS, Sony is uniquely placed to harness the power of this technology effectively. TEOS 2.2 is a decisive next step in enabling organisations to orchestrate their office and create bespoke, highly intelligent, automated and optimised workspaces fit for the future.”
TEOS 2.2 brings intelligence to every workplace and includes the following new features:
• Smart Automation & new device types: sensors and gateways – AV, IT and facility managers will be able to create custom automation protocols, in almost unlimited configurations, using IoT, AV and external data sources. In conjunction, new types of devices such as lights, curtains, heating and more will be able to be managed through TEOS. Users will, for example, be able to set room temperature, lighting and devices in a room to dynamically adjust based on variables such as time, the weather, CO2 levels and occupancy.
• New hardware for TEOS o Professional Tablets – 4 new TEB-XP series tablets in 7”, 10”, 15” and 22” sizes, with Android 8
o Professional Player – A new 4K Android Player for Connect (signage and meeting room mirroring)
o Two new sensors – Desk sensor to measure occupancy and a meeting room sensor to measure both occupancy and CO2
• Meeting Display – Organisations will be able to easily customise meeting room displays with advanced workflows combining room information, meeting information and more. Signage will automatically update when meetings begin and end, driving greater productivity by eliminating waiting times and reducing energy costs
• Outlook Add-In – Employees can use Connect, Book and Reception directly from Outlook, driving greater efficiency by enabling one-click mirroring or inviting guests to sign-in
• Screensaver – Communication managers can efficiently push corporate messaging to employees and visitors through any connected signage, including room booking tablets
• Devices API Configurator and New Resource Subsection – AV integrators and managers will be able to manually add new devices for remote management from third party suppliers, allowing straightforward integration of TEOS with existing solutions. A new Resources tab will also provide AV Managers with a complete database of product manuals, drawings and key information
• Room Status – Businesses can display in public areas the status and information of rooms or desks (such as capacity, availability and directions) enabling employees to easily find a free space
• Tenants Management – Organisations renting spaces such as meeting rooms can measure and manage activity and quotas, creating profiles for different tenants
Other improvements as part of TEOS 2.2 include:
• Analytics – New data and more options to run in-depth analysis
• Site Overview – A more intuitive overview of sites with relevant information such as live occupancy
• Room Booking Translations – 12 languages available to translate room booking content
• Meeting Room Content – Organisations will be able to display any meeting room information on signage
• Default Schedule – Facilities managers will be able to configure default device schedules