Rise, the award-winning membership group for gender diversity within the broadcast technology sector, is pleased to announce that entries are open for its annual Rise Awards. The Rise Awards are sponsored by Clear-Com, Editshare, OWNZONES, Ross Video and Zixi.
Submissions and nominations are encouraged from across the global broadcast audience to showcase talent across the industry whether in a manufacturer, service provider, engineer or broadcaster role. The awards are free to enter, and nominations will close on Monday September 21st, 2020. The winners will be announced at an event in November (to be confirmed if in person or virtual).
Rise is seeking nominations across the following categories:
● Engineer – This award recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by OWNZONES
● Product Innovation – This award will recognise the importance of revolution and invention for the Broadcasting sector today, and for the future fulfilling either a product development and or product management role, the outcome should be engaging and empowering to make a difference and create tangible benefits to the industry. Sponsored by Clear-Com
● Woman of the Year – This special award is open to any inspiring and extraordinary woman across the sector, at any level, for making a significant difference in her field or to the industry. Sponsored by Zixi
● Rising Star – This award will recognise those that can demonstrate exceptional and ongoing achievements that have made a significant contribution to their business (must have worked in the industry for less than four years). Sponsored by Editshare
● Business – This award is open to any woman in the following roles – CEO, Managing Director, COO, Owner and anyone whose role means that they are running a business in the broadcast industry (either manufacturer, broadcaster or service provider).
● Sales – This award is open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working for either a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher, or tradeshow
● Marketing – This award is open to any woman working in a marketing role in the industry either in-house, or for an agency/freelance, who has excelled in their role
● Technical Operations – This award is for a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference. Sponsored by Ross Video
“Rise truly supports women from all backgrounds working in the broadcast technology sector through network events, seminars, mentoring and their Rise Up programme encouraging and educating children about engineering and technology opportunities. This alone will create many exciting opportunities for people and is one of the reasons I got involved in their mentoring scheme,” says Natascha Cadle, Creative Director at ENVY Post Productions.
“When Rise announced its Awards ceremony to celebrate the many women working in this exciting industry in various categories, little did I think I could be part of this. To be nominated and then awarded the Business Award at the inaugural Rise Awards at IBC in Amsterdam was the icing on the cake. Winning the award meant a lot as Rise is such a brilliant organisation and of course it’s great to get some external recognition. We need women to create a community to support one another and drive change but we also need the support of our male counterparts, to support women and help drive the change,” Cadle concluded.
Entrants can be nominated, or they can nominate themselves. All applications will require statements on the nominee and why they are relevant for the award. The judges, across the categories, are looking for the best demonstration of exceptional achievement, innovation, positive impact, and the ability to portray entry requirements. The Woman of The Year category will be voted for by the Rise Advisory Board members.