“Whenever broadcasters gather together, IP is the topic,” says Andreas Hilmer, director, Marketing and Communications, Lawo. “Video and audio networks are converging at an incredible rate, and broadcasters are re-thinking their infrastructure. We do not just talk about IP, we do IP!” he added.
New Lawo products on display at NAB Show 2019 include:
• Multiviewer: Lawo adds support for compressed OTT formats to its V__matrix vm_dmv infinitely expandable multiviewer app
The LiveView Decoding Engine enables Lawo’s V__matrix vm_dmv multiviewer to show both production (ST2110/ST2022-6) and compressed transmission (HEVC/H.264/MPEG/OTT) formats on the same screen for end-to-end visibility. The multiviewer now provides full support for 4K/UHD, 3G, HD and SD compressed and uncompressed formats. It supports embedded and discrete audio, and works with pixel perfect mosaics with ultra-low latency. Intuitive drag’n’drop layouts are easily done with Lawo’s 'theWALL.'
• Network Monitoring: Auto-topology, PTP-monitoring, cloud and data storage features added to the SMART system monitoring and real-time telemetry solution. Premiered at NAB 2019, smartDASH’s auto-topology microservice automatically discovers, registers and documents the IP network topology, and presents device status in real time. Furthermore, the new PTP Monitoring Microservice detects, classifies and analyses PTP at the network layer, acting as a referenced, locked receiver for essential timing measurements for video, audio and data streams.
• Audio Production: Dual Fader Panel for mc2 56 audio consoles and A__UHD core ultra-high density DSP Engine
Making its US debut, the Dual Fader Panel option for Lawo’s IP-based mc²56 MkIII console supports up to 144 faders in a compact footprint. The dual-fader option incorporates Lawo’s revolutionary LiveView™ thumbnail technology, placing previews of video streams in fader strips. .
• Remote Production: Power CoreRP all-in-one IP audio remote production solution
Lawo’s Power CoreRP is a new all-in-one IP audio remote production solution with modular I/O and onboard WAN-capability. Only 1RU, Power CoreRP features low-latency on-site audio processing for monitoring and IFB mixing of up to 64 inputs, 64 processing channels and 16 stereo AUX busses, with full remote control of relevant channel parameters from mc² consoles’ channel strips. A touch-screen GUI is available for on-site and remote operations. Power CoreRP is the perfect team-mate for Lawo’s V__remote4 video contribution solution.
• Audio I/O: A__stage high-density audio odes for WAN and LAN Applications
Three new A__stage high-density audio nodes serve as IP audio stageboxes for mc² consoles, audio extensions for the V__matrix ecosystem, or as standalone IP audio gateways. The A__stage48 provides 16 mic/line in, 16 line out, 8 AES3 in/out, and one MADI redundant pair in 3RU. A__stage64 has 32 XLR mic/line in, 16 XLR line out, 8 XLR AES3 in/out and one MADI redundant pair in 4RU, while the A__stage80 packs 32 mic/line in, 32 line out, 8 AES3 in/out, and one MADI redundant pair into 3RU. All three units convert Analog Mic & Line, AES3 and MADI signals into SMPTE 2110-30/31, AES67 or RAVENNA streams, and support 2022-7 class C stream redundancy in LAN and WAN environments.
• Radio/On-Air: VisTool Solo touchscreen user panels and new features for the ruby Radio Mixing Console
VisTool Solo is a lightweight version of Lawo’s VisTool GUI-Builder Software, for use on Windows touchscreen tablets. Broadcasters can build single-page graphical 'user panels', replacing hardware with an elegant touch-sensitive GUI tailored to talent workflow. A library of vector graphics with buttons, rotary knobs, faders and meters allows selector panels, Mic on/off/mute controls, clock/timer displays to be created – and even gives talent control of virtual faders. Perfect for host, producer, guest and news positions, or as a convenient point-of-control for engineering facilities.