Today, consumers have an insatiable appetite for high-quality video and data services. This leaves cable operators and video service providers in a conundrum: How can they be more nimble, improve video quality on every screen and unleash faster broadband speeds? At CCBN 2019, Harmonic will highlight its software-based video streaming and cable access approach.
"Around the globe, we're seeing a monumental shift from static workflows to smarter, dynamic-based architectures on both the cable access and video delivery sides of the business," said Tony Berthaud, VP - sales and video services, APAC at Harmonic. "From greater workflow efficiency to increased scalability, and a faster time to market for revenue-generating video and broadband services, our software-based and cloud-native solutions offer significant benefits that we are excited to showcase at CCBN."
Harmonic will highlight the following at CCBN 2019:
- Unprecedented flexibility with virtualised cable access solutions: Powering the world's first virtualised cable access networks, Harmonic's CableOS offering brings market-leading broadband access speeds to consumers and enterprises, while simultaneously overcoming space, power and other legacy hardware technology constraints.
- Launch OTT channels faster using SaaS for video: By unifying the entire media processing chain, from ingest to playout, transcoding, encryption, packaging and origin, Harmonic's VOS 360 media processing as a service enables operators to launch video streaming services faster, be more agile and simplify their operations.
- Deliver content with solutions that support Chinese protocols: Harmonic will demonstrate video delivery features for the Chinese market, including UHD support for the AVS2 standard for input decoding on the Electra X2 encoder, support for the region's security protocol on the ProView IRD for content security purposes, and support of the Chinese closed-captioning standard in both the Electra X2 encoder and the Spectrum X media server.
- Deliver UHD services with an end-to-end solution: At the heart of Harmonic's UHD solution are the Spectrum X media server, Polaris Play channel-in-a-box automation, and Electra X encoder, which deliver quality at low bitrates.
- Bump up video quality and bandwidth efficiency with content-aware encoding: Harmonic will demonstrate how operators can improve QoE and increase bandwidth efficiency by up to 50 percent through AI-based technology, in the company's EyeQ content-aware encoding solution.