TV saw the biggest rise in communications sector revenues in the UK last year, seeing a 3.4 per cent increase compared with decreases in the telecom and radio sectors, according to Ofcom’s latest Communications Market Report.Postal services revenues also grew, by 2.9 per cent. UK adults spend two hours 58 minutes a day watching TV, but young adults spend only 24 per cent of their overall time engaged in media and communications activity watching TV, compared with 49 per cent of 65 year olds and over. Live TV accounts for half of all watching time amongst 16-24s, with the balance made up of viewing online content, downloaded and streamed content and other activities, compared with 69 per cent of watching time spent on TV among all adults.
- Custom Consoles reports demand in broadcast control rooms and edit suites
- Yasmina AZELMAD joins FranceTV Publicité Group as International MD
- At SVG Summit, VITEC shows IPTV and Digital Signage Solution for sports venues
- SMPTE 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition spells success at Los Angeles
- Vettri Theatres first to deploy Christie CP4325-RGB RealLaser cinema projector