Broadcom Corporation, the leading semiconductor solutions provider for wired and wireless communications, has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-onchip (SoC) will power Tata Sky’sfirst-generation Ultra HD (UHD) set-top boxes (STBs). Tata Sky, which recently unveiled the technology, announced that it has signed a volume deal with Technicolor for deployment of these 4K STBs in 2015. Broadcom on its part has teamed up with Technicolor and Tata Sky to design and deploy the region’s first 4K STBs.
- Camera Corps to promote advances in speciality camera systems at IBC, 2018
- Accedo delivers solutions to re-invent video experience at IBC
- GatesAir and Sonotec helps ATB Bolivia transit to digital TV
- Singapore’s AIMS Productions chooses Riedel MediorNet for Resorts World Sentosa project
- Pebble Beach Systems to demonstrate integration with Singular.Live on its Orca platform, at IBC, 2018