Broadcom Corporation, the leading semiconductor solutions provider for wired and wireless communications, has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-onchip (SoC) will power Tata Sky’sfirst-generation Ultra HD (UHD) set-top boxes (STBs). Tata Sky, which recently unveiled the technology, announced that it has signed a volume deal with Technicolor for deployment of these 4K STBs in 2015. Broadcom on its part has teamed up with Technicolor and Tata Sky to design and deploy the region’s first 4K STBs.
- PHABRIX appoints Amit Daftary as director of sales in South East Asia
- Maximising bandwidth, delivering higher quality outputs a big challenge: Bitmovin
- ANI Media embraces LiveU’s LU600 HEVC to boost live coverage
- Audinate to showcase interactive workshop at Dante Networking World
- ‘T for Taj Mahal’ trailer to be unveiled at Cannes