The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), the worldwide leader in motion-imaging standards, recently announced plans for a new partnership with the Hollywood Post Alliance (HPA). The partnership will begin with SMPTE providing administrative support to HPA, and it is expected to culminate in the merger of the two organisations by May 2015. The partnership will unite two leading technical organizations serving the media and entertainment business. “HPA is known not only for its unique brand identity, but also for facilitating open dialog among all disciplines in the entertainment industry,” said Wendy Aylsworth, president of SMPTE.
- GatesAir appoints Jacky Yee as head of sales, Asia-Pacific
- Masstech Innovations to focus on solving modern content storage challenges at IBC, 2018
- Brainstorm to exhibit latest enhancements for content creation at IBC, 2018
- IBC to see TVU Networks expand its live media acquisition leadership
- Qligent amplifies QoE monitoring with Vision-VOD at IBC, 2018