The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), the worldwide leader in motion-imaging standards, recently announced plans for a new partnership with the Hollywood Post Alliance (HPA). The partnership will begin with SMPTE providing administrative support to HPA, and it is expected to culminate in the merger of the two organisations by May 2015. The partnership will unite two leading technical organizations serving the media and entertainment business. “HPA is known not only for its unique brand identity, but also for facilitating open dialog among all disciplines in the entertainment industry,” said Wendy Aylsworth, president of SMPTE.
- PHABRIX appoints Amit Daftary as director of sales in South East Asia
- Maximising bandwidth, delivering higher quality outputs a big challenge: Bitmovin
- ANI Media embraces LiveU’s LU600 HEVC to boost live coverage
- Audinate to showcase interactive workshop at Dante Networking World
- ‘T for Taj Mahal’ trailer to be unveiled at Cannes