QYOU Media Inc, a global media company that curates and packages premium ‘best-of-the-web’ video for multi-creen distribution, has announced the premiere of ‘QYOU India’ to 17 million Tata Sky’s customers across television and mobile devices. The localised service features programmes reflecting the best of India’s unique internet culture with showcases of premium digital first content from many of the country’s popular content creators.
QYOU India will meet the growing appetite for this digital first content among Tata Sky’s younger subscribers by bringing QYOU’s curated and localised service to #200 (HD) & #201 (SD) and via the Tata Sky app on Live TV and VOD. QYOU India is working with many of India’s leading digital-first content creators to curate the service.
Ahead of the launch, QYOU has also inked a content partnership with Pocket Aces, an Indian digital content company. Through this partnership, Pocket Aces channels ‘FilterCopy’ and ‘Gobble’ will be made available on QYOU along with Dice Media web-series ‘Not Fit’. Pocket Aces is known for its quality programming in the digital space, with a weekly reach of over 40 million through their channels FilterCopy, Gobble and Dice Media. Their latest web-series ‘What The Folks’ has become the most successful web-series in India in 2017.
Aditi Shrivastava, co-founder of Pocket Aces commented, “We are thrilled to be a part of QYOU India on TATA Sky. Our company is committed to creating amazingly relatable and shareable content for millennials and gen-z audiences. We are reaching over 40 million unique audiences every week through our own platforms, and distributing via QYOU India gives us another wonderful opportunity to expand this reach. We look forward to distributing more and more programming via our partnership.”
“We know that younger audiences often seek out the latest local content on the internet so this next step in our partnership with Tata Sky brings our curation of the best of India’s vibrant online content to audiences through their TV subscription” said Curt Marvis, CEO and co-founder of QYOU Media. “We have sourced some of the best local talent to make the shows as relevant and engaging as possible. We are delighted to add Pocket Aces to the programming line-up for this launch.”
Some new shows featured on the service:
• QYOU India: A one-hour clip compilation show of all India ‘best of web’ short form video clips
• FilterCopy: Freshly brewed short videos from the sharable content channel of Pocket Aces
• Dice Media: 10-episode web series ‘Not Fit’ from the premium web series channel of Pocket Aces
• Gobble: Mouth-watering recipe videos from the food channel of Pocket Aces
• VIBE: An authentic content destination documenting the change in narrative for urban youth culture
• Being Indian: The one stop shop that presents India at its quirkiest best.
• Desi Hip Hop: A platform empowering Desi hip hop culture globally with music, videos and events