Amongst the first things that Shashi Shekhar Vempati had on his agenda on taking charge as CEO of Prasar Bharati, which runs Doordarshan and All India Radio, was to revamp the public broadcaster’s websites and make it more contemporary. He also wanted to upgrade the IT infrastructure across the board, so that it could play catch up with competition from private broadcasters. Given that Prasar Bharti had a huge content bank, he also wanted to devise better strategies to monetise this, especially on the digital platforms. While details of these initiatives have not been hammered down and put into implementation, people in the industry have faith in Vempati, given his lineage. An IIT-ian, he is the first non-Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer to head Prasar Bharti and was earlier the CEO of Niti Digital, a digital media company and has also worked at Infosys Ltd for 16 years.
- GatesAir appoints Jacky Yee as head of sales, Asia-Pacific
- Masstech Innovations to focus on solving modern content storage challenges at IBC, 2018
- Brainstorm to exhibit latest enhancements for content creation at IBC, 2018
- IBC to see TVU Networks expand its live media acquisition leadership
- Qligent amplifies QoE monitoring with Vision-VOD at IBC, 2018