Over the past couple of years, Discovery India has managed to register robust growth. With channels like Discovery, TLC, Discovery Kids, DSport and Jeet in its portfolio, the company decided to localise its offerings in India rather than refurbish international fare. This curation saw it create Discovery Jeet, which showcases niche content based on real-life stories. This is part of the innovation that the broadcasting company has outlined for India, which is dominated by other players. For its sports channel, DSport, Discovery again plans to go niche and create programmes that are not mass, but is more selective – for instance for audiences who are passionate about horse riding, golf and cycling, etc. Coming up soon is the launch of its OTT platform with content around food, auto, wildlife and other passionate communities.
- GatesAir appoints Jacky Yee as head of sales, Asia-Pacific
- Masstech Innovations to focus on solving modern content storage challenges at IBC, 2018
- Brainstorm to exhibit latest enhancements for content creation at IBC, 2018
- IBC to see TVU Networks expand its live media acquisition leadership
- Qligent amplifies QoE monitoring with Vision-VOD at IBC, 2018