Sayed Peerzade, group CIO, Reliance Big Entertainment, undertook two projects this year, one of which was moving the company’s private cloud setup to open stack, and the other, moving SAP from its traditional setup to the cloud. Both of these tasks were pivotal for the organisation, owing to them being production setups, and carrying a huge volume of data. Their main focus was on operating efficiency, business agility, and cost savings. On the development front, the media house is coming up with marketplace, and has an e-commerce business in the pipeline. “I always carry the philosophy of maximum service, minimum cost. As an IT department, we are here to enable the business, just not to support it,” said Peerzade.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market