Two decades since he started his career as a sound designer with Chalo America, Debashish Mishra has developed a keen sense of understanding for acoustics. He knows that to bring out the best in sound, it is imperative to understand the movie’s premise. In Pad Man, he immerses himself in the traditional and sometimes regressive world of the Arunachalam Muruganantham (Akshay Kumar), a self-taught inventor. He manages to find a place for Kumar’s small world with his wife, Gaayatri, (Radhika Apte) in the cacophony that accompanies the small town of Maheshwar on the banks of Narmada river. With this experiece, Mishra deftly guides R Balki’s story as the director tells Kumar’s inspiring story, who invented low cost sanitary napkins despite facing enormous criticism and humiliation.
- Camera Corps to promote advances in speciality camera systems at IBC, 2018
- Accedo delivers solutions to re-invent video experience at IBC
- GatesAir and Sonotec helps ATB Bolivia transit to digital TV
- Singapore’s AIMS Productions chooses Riedel MediorNet for Resorts World Sentosa project
- Pebble Beach Systems to demonstrate integration with Singular.Live on its Orca platform, at IBC, 2018