As the co-producers of Toilet Ek Prem Katha and Padmaavat, the production studio Viacom 18 has had twin reasons to celebrate of late. When the number crunching was completed, both the films were declared hits! It probably helped alleviate the disappointment caused by the performance of their other release, Lucknow Central. This film studio, with the involvement of an international media conglomerate like Viacom, was one of the first among the deep-pocketed new entrants into the post millennium scenario of the Hindi film industry. Since then, it has had an enviable strike rate. Most notable is its successful collaborations on films such as Kahaani, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Mary Kom, in which the emphasis is as much on the film’s content as it is on the star.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market