What makes Hooq different from other OTT services in India is that it is largely Hollywood-focused. However, this distinction has not really helped it in garnering a subscription base that is at par with Netflix, Amazon, Star India’s Hotstar or Voot. With the appointment of Zulfiqar Khan as the managing director for its Indian operations, the company hopes to turn the tide in its favour, especially since he was earlier the business head of Eros Now and understands the workings of the industry. Debuting in India in 2015, Hooq is a joint venture between Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, and Warner Bros and primarily focuses on the Southeast Asia market.. Recently, it announced a pilot programme called HOOQ Filmmakers Guild to develop its own original content. Under this intiative, it has shortlisted five original selected screenplays as pilot episodes on its platform, of which one show will be commissioned into a full series.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas