Though SonyLIV has been present on the OTT landscape for five years now, it has ceded ground to other players like Amazon, Netflix and even Hotstar. However, the company isn’t complaining, its ad revenue on a year-on-year (YoY) basis in 2018 was almost 300% as compared to last year, which is a significant jump. What has helped drive this growth is the strong sports content bouquet that the platform has, courtesy its parent company, which has rights to most of the sporting events broadcast in India. Additionally, viewers can use the platform to watch catch-up TV content from various Sony channels. SonyLIV has also invested in a fair amount of original content and has over 80 original shows in four to five languages. It also has around to 3000 movies on its site besides content around fitness and food, which according to Sodhi, makes its a 360 degree platform.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas