Though SonyLIV has been present on the OTT landscape for five years now, it has ceded ground to other players like Amazon, Netflix and even Hotstar. However, the company isn’t complaining, its ad revenue on a year-on-year (YoY) basis in 2018 was almost 300% as compared to last year, which is a significant jump. What has helped drive this growth is the strong sports content bouquet that the platform has, courtesy its parent company, which has rights to most of the sporting events broadcast in India. Additionally, viewers can use the platform to watch catch-up TV content from various Sony channels. SonyLIV has also invested in a fair amount of original content and has over 80 original shows in four to five languages. It also has around to 3000 movies on its site besides content around fitness and food, which according to Sodhi, makes its a 360 degree platform.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market