When news spread that Gaurav Gandhi, COO of Viacom18 Digital Ventures had quit the company after serving it for eight years there was a lot of speculation about his next move. That came to rest, when Amazon anounced that it had roped in Gaurav Gandhi as director and country manager – India for Prime Video. The position was last held by Nitesh Kripalani, who quit the company in August 2017. Amazon Prime Video was launched in December 2016 and within two years, the OTT has witnessed a rapid growth in subscriber numbers. It had invested in TV shows and stand-up comedy content, which included the cricket drama Inside Edge, music talent show The Remix and the thriller, Breathe. It also also gained rights to stream exclusive Bollywood and regional Indian movies, as well as Hollywood films like Oscar-winner La La Land and Power Rangers acquired through an exclusive India deal with Lionsgate.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas