It has been a great year for Hotstar. Star India, the official broadcaster of the Indian Premier League (IPL), said that 202 million viewers logged on to the video streaming platform to watch the 11th edition of the T20 tournament — a 55.3% jump from 2017. Last year, 130 million users watched the sport on Hotstar, which has been streaming IPL matches over the last five years. What helped Hotstar clock these numbers is that in addition to watching the final match on 11 live feeds, they were also offered special features such as WatchN’Play to test their knowledge of the game, which increased their stickiness on the site. Additionally, the platform also employed virtual reality to provide them with immersive on-field action and special feed so that they could post emojis while watching the match. These user engagement measures helped Hotstar sell its inventory base well and consolidate its net-worthiness amongst its clientele.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas