For Akiv Ali, editing is all about the ‘maximum impact’ he can achieve on-screen while putting together the vision that the director has for the film. Modern audiences are known for their limited attention spans, so director Luv Ranjan and he, judiciously keep Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety trotting at a rapid pace, thereby ensuring the film’s success. No scene is allowed to slacken the pace in Ali’s well-thought-out edits. Essentially a comedy, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety balances the humour with drama but the editor manages an even transition. The film is also imaginative in the way it employs flash cuts to expository scenarios. Recently, Ali has also co-edited the audacious but indubitably artful Jagga Jasoos. Having built his reputation on hits such as Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Barfi, Agneepath, The Dirty Picture, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai and Gangster, Ali has now moved on to direction and is readying a film starring Ajay Devgn next.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas