Raid marks the smashing return to form of Raj Kumar Gupta who began his directorial career with a bang (Aamir, No One Killed Jessica) but experienced a professional trough after Ghanchakkar, 2013. With his latest film, Gupta crafts a suspenseful thriller in which Ajay Devgn plays an honest officer in the Income Tax department who dares to conduct a raid on the sprawling mansion of an influential politician (Saurabh Shukla) in the 1980s. Though much of the film is set within the grey walls of the fortified mansion, Gupta doesn’t let his filmmaking feel airless or stodgy. Whether it is the rivetingly shot treasure hunt for unaccounted cash or the intriguing human conflicts that crop up among the politico’s extended family, Gupta keeps the plot machinations moving speedily, even while making a pithy socio-political comment.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas