Well-known film-maker Ketan Mehta founded Maya, in 1997 with actress Deepa Sahi, which has since emerged as a leading animation studio. Last year, it signed a five-year production deal with Viacom18 for Motu Patlu and Shiva. Another project that became a massive success was Selfie with Bajrangi, which launched on Amazon in October and recently debuted on Disney Hungama, as a summer attraction. Mehta said, “The most important milestone for us was to create this sustainable and thriving studio. This led to an American private equity investor, Emerald Media, taking a controlling stake in the company.” Their digital division, WowKidz, has become one of the fastest-growing channels for kids’ content, with over seven million active YouTube subscribers, and over 6 billion cumulative views as in May 2018. Their next venture is another 3D animation international co-production, a series based on the movie Leo Da Vinci: Mission Mona Lisa.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market