Images from Barfi, Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela and Tamasha are vividly etched into our collective consciousness. The cinematographer of these films, Ravi Varman, once again crafts flamboyant visuals in Jagga Jasoos, breathing life into this daringly experimental film. Varman infuses many of his frames with a golden sun-drenched hue, aiming for a magical quality that reflects the zany spirit of this comic book adventure yarn. His camera faithfully follows the protagonist (Ranbir Kapoor) on his breathless international adventures to find his father but takes the time to shoot breathtaking visuals at each stage of his quest. There are scenes involving cars, mobikes, bicycles, biplanes and a train, which is beautifully reflected in a water body. Photogenic animals like ostriches, big cats and elephants pop up on the screen and there is a car chase shot from a meerkat’s perspective! Filled with visual jokes, Varman’s work is in total tandem with director Anurag Basu’s joie de vivre.
- PBT EU, ADDITELECOM transform Calamocha TV’s infrastructure
- Eyeheight Legaliser chosen for OB coverage Wimbledon tennis championships, 2018
- MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson Media Solutions
- Custom Consoles Desk and Media Wall, chosen for BCR Project at BBC Scotland
- Experience a luxurious cinema experience at Dubai’s Reel Cinemas