Averitable treat to look at, Aseem Mishra’s work in Tubelight deftly illustrates the film’s belief in the strength of conviction. Mishra has maintained a long-term collaboration with Kabir Khan, and has shot for all of the director’s recent films. After the thumping success of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, they once again choose the mountains as the location for their next, Tubelight. The cinematographer captures both the lush and the bleak aspects of the mountainous landscape in a series of captivating images. Mishra’s compositions and lighting bring to life two different worlds – the village the leading man (Salman Khan) lives in and the war zone. Yet Mishra doesn’t ever allow the camera to call attention on itself. His visuals remain rooted in the story unfolding on-screen. Mishra has films as varied as Band Bajaa Baraat and Dabangg 2 to his credit, and his next release will be Raju Hirani’s Sanju.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market