Global TV advertising spend is set to reach US$236 billion in 2020, up by 38 per cent compared to 2013 and by 54 per cent compared to 2010, according to new report by Digital TV Research. The study, which covers 55 countries around the world, claims that in 2014 alone ad spend will climb by 4 per cent, driven in part by this summer’s World Cup and “economic improvement in much of Europe.” The biggest TV ad market gains between 2010 and 2020 are tipped to come from Latin America and the Middle East and Africa where ads spend is expected to double. “Excluding deflation-hit Japan, net TV advertising in Asia Pacific will also more than double between 2010 and 2020,” according to the TV Advertising Forecasts report.
- Custom Consoles reports demand in broadcast control rooms and edit suites
- Yasmina AZELMAD joins FranceTV Publicité Group as International MD
- At SVG Summit, VITEC shows IPTV and Digital Signage Solution for sports venues
- SMPTE 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition spells success at Los Angeles
- Vettri Theatres first to deploy Christie CP4325-RGB RealLaser cinema projector