Comcast last month confirmed that the MSO and FX just wrapped up a trial in which viewers could watch the next episode of The Bridge on VOD (paired with a regular ad load) after the current episode debuted on live TV each Wednesday night. The trial allowed Comcast subs to get an early look at the following week’s episode on VOD during the first six weeks of The Bridge’s second season on FX, a Comcast official said. The trial was limited to Comcast’s VOD platform for the set-top box – including its native set-top boxes and newer devices that run the MSO’s new, cloud-powered X1 service. While the trial offered viewers with a way to binge viewing, the early window also gave those viewers a new reason to jump into Comcast’s VOD service.
- Custom Consoles reports demand in broadcast control rooms and edit suites
- Yasmina AZELMAD joins FranceTV Publicité Group as International MD
- At SVG Summit, VITEC shows IPTV and Digital Signage Solution for sports venues
- SMPTE 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition spells success at Los Angeles
- Vettri Theatres first to deploy Christie CP4325-RGB RealLaser cinema projector