Autodesk purchased the assets of Tweak, maker of the widely used RV software for VFX playback and review. RV will remain available, the companies said, while Tweak’s entire staff, including partners Jim Houriahn, Seth Rosenthal, and Alan Trombla, will become part of the Shotgun team at Autodesk, working out of their current locations. In addition to looking for new avenues to further integrate RV, Shotgun and Autodesk tools, Tweak will continue to develop, support and sell RV as an open and pipeline-agnostic tool. “The Tweak team comes out of production, works closely with clients to build new tools, and is obsessed with providing amazing client support,” said Shotgun’s senior director Don Parker.
- Bittree introduces 12G video distribution amplifier series
- Saint Petersburg TV Channel deploys LDX 82 series cameras for live production
- Riedel to introduce revolutionary innovations at BroadcastAsia, 2018
- Cinegy to demonstrate layout workflow solutions at BroadcastAsia 2018
- AN INDUSTRY IN TRANSITION