Autodesk purchased the assets of Tweak, maker of the widely used RV software for VFX playback and review. RV will remain available, the companies said, while Tweak’s entire staff, including partners Jim Houriahn, Seth Rosenthal, and Alan Trombla, will become part of the Shotgun team at Autodesk, working out of their current locations. In addition to looking for new avenues to further integrate RV, Shotgun and Autodesk tools, Tweak will continue to develop, support and sell RV as an open and pipeline-agnostic tool. “The Tweak team comes out of production, works closely with clients to build new tools, and is obsessed with providing amazing client support,” said Shotgun’s senior director Don Parker.
- Custom Consoles reports demand in broadcast control rooms and edit suites
- Yasmina AZELMAD joins FranceTV Publicité Group as International MD
- At SVG Summit, VITEC shows IPTV and Digital Signage Solution for sports venues
- SMPTE 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition spells success at Los Angeles
- Vettri Theatres first to deploy Christie CP4325-RGB RealLaser cinema projector