The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting recently revealed that a total of 178 applications for new TV channels were pending with the Government of India since 2012. I&B Minister of State Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore said,“The grant of permission to private TV channels is dependent upon requisite clearances from various ministries and departments. After receipt of all clearances, the ministry takes up the case for grant or rejection of permissions.” The ministry recently granted permission for 832 TV channels out of which 406 were news and 426 were GECs.
- VITEC streamlines IPTV, digital signage, and video wall workflows, at ISE 2019
- BP energises its media production with EditShare
- Gary Rotondelli retires from Vitec’s Vinten brand, after a 33-year career
- Signiant celebrates increase in its media footprint, moves beyond file transfer
- Calrec’s Brio audio consoles see success in Japanese market